Shrove Tuesday aka ‘Pancake Day’ is coming up towards the end of this month (28th February) and it is perhaps one of the best days of the year for us here at tReds. It’s a day to get creative and to eat lots of crepes with enjoyable fillings. In this post, we’re going to show you how to make chocolate chip, peanut butter & banana crepes and if you haven’t tried them yet, you must!
So let’s start off with the ingredients you need to make these tasty pancakes:
What’s great about these is the prep time is only 5-10 minutes and this recipe will make around 12 pancakes.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- Olive oil cooking spray
For the topping (you may decide to double these ingredients depending on how much you like to have on your crepes):
- 12 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- 100g chocolate chips
- 2 sliced bananas
- some chopped peanuts to sprinkle over the top (optional)
Let’s get started with some quick and easy steps on how to make the pancakes:
- Step One – Sift the flour into a large bowl. Wisk the milk and eggs together in a jug and then add this mixture to the flour. Wisk the mixture until it’s well combined.
- Step Two – Get a medium sized non-stick frying pan and spray some of the olive oil into the pan. Heat the pan over a medium heat. Pour 2.5 tbsp of the mixture into the frying pan and tilt the pan slightly so that the mixture covers the whole of the base. Cook the pancake for 2-3 minutes or until it looks golden brown. Flip/turn the pancake over and leave the remaining side to cook for an extra 1 minute.
- Step Three – Slide the pancake onto a plate and cover to keep it warm whilst you cook the remaining pancakes.
- Step Four – Repeat these steps with the remaining mixture.
Tip: To keep your pancakes warm you can preheat your oven to around 120C/100C fan-forced. Cover the plate of pancakes with foil and place the plate in the oven until you have finished using the rest of the mixture.
Now let’s go ahead and make the topping:
- Step One – Mix the peanut butter with the icing sugar, milk and chocolate chips. Spread the mix over the pancakes and sprinkle the optional peanuts over the top.
- Step Two – Fold the bottom third of the pancake up into the centre so that the mixture does not fall out of the bottom and then fold in the right and left corners.
- Step Three – Repeat these steps with the remaining pancakes.
Bon-appetite! We hope you enjoy these quick and easy pancakes just as much as we do.